Newspaper Insert Abbreviations
PG=Proctor and Gamble
ECB=Extra Care Bucks
*These can be used like cash at CVS.
*They usually expire a month after you receive them.
Other Money-Saving Lingo
BOGO=Buy One Get One Free
Stacking=using a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon on one item
PLACES TO FIND COUPONS
1. Sunday paper coupon inserts. Almost every Sunday you will find at least one insert in the Bismarck tribune. Our inserts are much smaller than big city inserts, which is a bummer!
2. Online Here are a list of great sites that let you print coupons:
3. Inside products or even on the outside of products. Look for peelies!
4. In magazines! You can find them all over the place.
5. Store Ads. Cash Wise has coupons in their weekly ad every week, and a lot of other stores do the same thing. So keep your eyes peeled!
I take a sticky note, fold it around the inserts for that week, write the date, and file it in a drawer in my kitchen.
I keep an accordion style mini folder in the door of my car. I keep coupons in there that I will often use in drive thrroughs or for last minute shopping. Some of my categories are "fast food," "coffee," "dessert," "north side restaurants," "south side restaurants," "gas stations," etc.
When a product you use goes on sale, buy a few extras. That way you always have it on hand and don't need to pay full price. Here's how I store my extra necessities: