Carmike is holding their Summer Kid's Series again this summer. This is a great deal for a rainy day, or for those of you who don't go to a lot of movies because of the cost. For $4, you get a ticket to the movie, a small popcorn, and a small pop! These are shown every Thurday at 10am, starting June 5th. For a list of movies and dates, go HERE.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
The Summer Reading Kickoff is this Friday. It's a really great event for kids, but I'm going to warn you, last year was chaos! If you're not a fan of crowds and lines, stay away. If you're a patient parent, go for it. It's a great way to kickoff summer reading!
Go HERE to learn more about Strider bikes and to score a great deal on them. They are almost half off! This sale ends Friday at midnight.
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Here are my favorite Cash Wise deals for this week. All in ad coupons can be found in the store as well.
3 FREE Boxes of Kraft Spiral Mac & Cheese with $30 purchase and in ad coupon
Fresh Blueberries, 1 pint, $2.44 each
Malt-O-Meal Cereal, select varieties 11.3-15oz, 3/$5 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (must buy 3)
Final cost $1.67 each
Country Hearth Split Top Bread, 24oz, $1.98
Use the $0.55/1 coupon found HERE
Final cost $1.43 each
Snacks & Beverages
Shasta Soda, 12pk 12oz cans, $2.50 each
Sunny Roost Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks, family pack, $0.99/lb!
Boneless Pork Chops, ten 4oz chops, $10
Final cost $1 each!
Food Club String Cheese, 1oz, $0.25 each!
International Delight Iced Coffee, 64oz, $2.98
Use the $1/2 coupon found in the 4/13RP
Final cost $2.48 each
Jack's Pizza, 14-18.9oz, $2.38
Use the $1/3 coupon found in the 5/18SS
Final cost $2.04 each
Edy's Ice Cream, 48oz, Buy 1 Get 1 FREE with in ad Cash Wise coupon
Final cost ???
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Friday, May 23, 2014
Monday, May 19, 2014
Here are my favorite Cash Wise deals for this week. Don't forget, and in ad coupons can be found in the store as well.
This is the time to stock up on BBQ and picnic supplies. Stores have their lowest prices on these items in preparation for Memorial Day.
FREE Country Time Lemonade, 8qt, with $30 purchase and in ad coupon
Fresh Express 3 Color Cole Slaw, 16oz, $0.97 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 3)
Fresh Bi-Color Sweet Corn $0.32 each
Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip, 22-30oz, $1.98 with in ad Cash Wise coupon
Plus use the $1/2 coupon found in the 5/11SS
Final cost $1.48 each
Heinz Ketchup, 38oz, $1.68 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 2)
Plus use the $0.50/1 coupon found in the 5/4RP
Final cost $1.18 each for a huge bottle!
Bush's Best Baked or Grillin' Beans, 22-28oz, 3/$3.98 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (must buy 3)
Final cost $1.33 each
General Mills Cereal, Select Varieties, $2.88
Plus use the $0.60/1 Honey Nut Cheerios coupon found HERE or HERE or HERE
Final cost $2.28
PLUS, when you buy 4 boxes of GM cereals you will get a coupon for a FREE gallon of milk on your next visit!
Final cost $9.10 for 4 boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk!
Village Hearth Old Fashioned Buns, 8ct, $1.68
Use the $0.55/1 coupon found HERE
Final cost $1.13
Snacks & Beverages
Doritos, 10-11oz, $1.98 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 3)
Save $2.31 per bag!\
Kraft Marshmallows (8-10oz), Hershey's 6pk bars, Nabisco Graham Crackers (7-14.4oz) 3/$5 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (must buy 3)
Perfect timing for S'Mores Season!
Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, or Mtn Dew, 12pk 12oz cans, 4/$10.88 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (must buy 4)
Final cost $2.72 per pack
Oscar Mayer Meat Weiners, 14-16oz, 2/$2.38 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (must buy 2)
Final cost $1.19
Lloyd's or Chi Chi's Meat, 15-16oz, Buy 1 Get 1 FREE with in ad Cash Wise coupon
Plus use the $1/1 coupon found HERE
Final cost 2.94 each
Krafe Cheese Chunks or Shreds, 6-8oz, 2/$2.88 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (must buy 2)
Final cost $1.44 each
Food Club Butter, 1lb, $2.22 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 2)
Cass Clay Sour Cream, 16oz, $1.38 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 2)
Kemps Vanilla Ice Cream, 132oz, $3.88 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 1)
Klondike Bars or Sandwiches, 14-27oz, 4/$9 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (must buy 4)
Plus use the $3/3 coupon found in the 5/4RP
Final cost $1.50 each!
Innovasian Entrees, 18oz, $4.44 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 2)
Plus use the $1.50/1 coupon found HERE on Facebook
Final cost $2.94 each
Around the House
Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent, 62.5-75oz, $2.98 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 2)
Plus use the $1/1 coupon found in the 5/18SS
Final cost $1.98 each
Friday, May 16, 2014
GENERAL VACATION TIPS
1. Look for coupons in your hotel room. A lot of times you'll get an information packet about your hotel and the town you're staying in. In this packet, there will usually be coupons. We saved 20% on dinner one night and got a few dollars off our ice cream.
2. Pack fruit snacks and applesauce pouches for the flight. They are quick, not too messy, and most kids love them.
3. Bring a couple empty water bottles through airport security. Then you can fill them up once you get through. Otherwise you'll be paying a few bucks for a small bottle of water on the plane.
4. Give each child a set amount of spending money for treats and/or souvenirs. That way they know once their money's gone, they can't ask for anything else. They'll be much more careful how they spend it.
5. If you know you're going to be visiting a local restaurant you love, check for coupons online before your trip. A lot of restaurants will email you a coupon if you sign up to be a member of their e-clubs. We got a FREE appetizer at Joe's Crab Shack!
6. If your hotel doesn't have Continental Breakfast, visit the grocery store at the beginning of your stay to pick up some fruits, vegetables, and dairy. We packed cereal, single serve fruit cups, and pop tarts in our suitcases.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR YOUR DISNEY TRIP
7. Think about your kid's ages before you buy your tickets. I really wouldn't recommend taking kids under 3 or even 4 to Disney World. There is a lot of waiting and it gets hard on young ones and their parents. Plus, when you're standing in line for a ride, you are NOT allowed to bring your stroller. You have to hold your child or try to keep them from running away while you wait. There is stroller parking near the entrance of most rides and restaurants.
8. Buy a current Walt Disney World Travel Book. We bought Fodor's Travel Intelligence, and it was some of the best money we spent for our trip. It is packed full of tips!
9. Utilize Disney's new FastPass +. This allows you to "jump the line" at three attractions or entertainment each day. You can choose your attractions up to 30 days before your trip, or 60 days if you're staying at a Disney resort. Go HERE to learn more about the program. Make sure your FastPass selections are for popular attractions so you don't have to wait in line.
10. Rent a stroller if you have kids 8 or younger. Yes, I said 8. I have three kids ages 7 and under and they fought over who could sit in the stroller. We probably walked 7-8 miles a day in very hot temps, so our kids got tired. We rented a double stroller from Magic Stroller Company, and we highly recommend it! It costed us about $80 for the week. Disney rents strollers in each park, but they are $31 a day, and they are hard plastic. Ours was a comfortable jogging stroller.
11. Get a five day pass to the four main parks. The four main parks at Disney World are Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom. It only costs about $10 more for the 5th day, plus you could easily spend two days at Magic Kingdom. We did!
12. Plan one day to relax at your hotel. At Disney World, there are lots of lines, people, walking, and heat. If you're doing 4 or 5 days at the parks, include a day in the middle to recharge. We loved getting to sit by the pool and relax in the middle of our trip.
13. When planning which days to go to which parks, choose wisely. Avoid Magic Kingdom on Mondays. For many reasons, it's the busiest day. Also, don't go to the parks with Extra Magic Hours unless you're going to go during the Extra Magic Hours. Parks are more crowded the days they are open longer. Go HERE to learn about Extra Magic Hours.
14. Before your trip, buy your kids a couple Disney shirts at a department store or online. I found Disney shirts at JCPenney for 5 bucks! When we got to our hotel, I surprised the kids with their new shirts.
15. While packing your kids's clothes, coordinate colors. I had my kids wear the same color each day...one day orange, one day green, one day blue, etc. That way it's easier to look for them in a crowd of people, and you don't have to remember what they're wearing.
16. Bring a couple water bottles and healthy snacks to eat in the park. You can find drinking fountains to refill the bottles. And again, the fruit and applesauce pouches make a great, semi-healthy snack. If you're really motivated, you can pack your own lunches to bring into the parks. They just don't allow hard coolers or glass.
17. Make a flexible game plan for the day. I researched which rides were popular for different age groups, and planned our day accordingly. I used the information found HERE to map out a lot of our days. Ride the popular rides first thing in the morning.
DURING YOUR DISNEY TRIP
18. Plan to arrive at the park about 15 minutes before it opens. This will allow you to get on quite a few rides before the lines get long. Also, Magic Kingdom has an awesome Welcome Show at 8:45 each morning. Mickey, Minnie, and bunch of other characters arrive by train to welcome guests to the park.
19. Eat an early lunch at the park. By early, I mean about 10:30am. You'll avoid crazy crowds and blood sugar crashes.
20. Go back to your hotel in the afternoon to rest. This is especially important if you have young kids. Afternoons are very busy at the parks, so go enjoy some AC and recharge before going back in the evening. We enjoyed our evenings at the park. The weather was cooler and the lines were usually shorter.
21. Eat supper before going back to the park. Since we ate lunch early each day, we ate supper early, too. Order pizza to your room, pick up some fast food, or make some sandwiches. This will save you a ton of money!
22. Make memories and smile. Disney World is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, but I witnessed a lot of meltdowns from children AND parents. Take a few deep breaths and savor the moments!
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
The Bismarck Mandan Safety Council is holding their annual Bike Rodeo today! My family has gone to this event the past two years, and my kids love it. It's held at the Burleigh County Extension Office from 4-8pm tonight. In the past, they have given away helmets to kids who have outgrown their own. Go HERE for more information.
Sunday, May 11, 2014
FREE Food Club Pasta, 32oz spaghetti or macaroni with $30 purchase and in ad coupon
Bulk White Onions $0.77/lb
Fresh Pineapple $2 each
Food Club Peanut Butter, 16-18oz, $1.88 each
Malt-O-Meal Monster Box Cereal, 22-36oz, $2.98 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 4)
Plus use the $0.75/1 coupon found HERE
Final cost $2.23
80% Lean Ground Beef or 90% Lean Ground Turkey, 3lb chub, $7.74
Final cost $2.58 a pound!
Gold 'N Plump Chicken, 3.5lb Thighs or Drumsticks, Buy 1 Get 1 FREE with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 1 free)
Plus use the $1/1 coupon found HERE
Final cost ???
Cass Clay Swiss Chocolate Milk, 1/2 gallon, $2.22 each
Around the House
Tide Simply Detergent, 138oz, $7.88 with in ad Cash Wise coupon (limit 1)
Plus use the $0.50/1 coupon found in the 4/27PG
Final cost $7.38
Saturday, May 10, 2014
It's Mother's Day tomorrow, so show your mom how well she taught you to save money by taking advantage of one of these deals.
Tutti Frutti: FREE 12 ounces of yogurt and/or toppings to all moms
Dairy Queen: They usually have a buy one sundae get mom's FREE deal. Call ahead to confirm.
Dakota Zoo: FREE train ticket and discounted admission to all moms.
Saturday, May 3, 2014
We're heading to a much-needed family vacation, so there won't be any posts through May 11th. I also won't be responding to emails and messages. But, I will be sharing some money-saving vacation tips when I get back.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
I've got a deal for you! Now through May 16th, when you buy one Medora Musical ticket or trail ride ticket, you will get one FREE! You can pick one or both of these deals. These tickets have to be used in June, but you don't have to pick a specific date. Call 1-800-MEDORA-1 and use promo code MM2014 This is a great deal!